1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Need to make fields mandatory on prospective supplier registration details page

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by donkfest2000, Jul 26, 2012.

1. donkfest2000

donkfest2000 Active Member

Hi All,
    I am writing a functional design doc that requires changes to the prospective supplier registration details page in iSupplier.

In the business classifications table I have a row called Code of Ethics that needs mandatory data entry for the applicable check box and the expiration date field.

In the banking details table under branch details mandatory data entry of the Address Line 1, City, and State fields.

Any help with these requirements are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi ,

Please refer to the below document. In that step7 will explain how to make those fields mandatory.

Setup Steps

donkfest2000 likes this.
  3. donkfest2000

Hi Bharat,
    I didn't figure out how step 7 was able to make the fields mandatory. Could please give me more insight to the solution.

Thanks,
    Cal

4. Bharat

Hi Cal,

Please check this profile option whether it set or not at application level.

HZ: Address Validation Level for Application

We use this profile option to make mandatory of city, state, postal code fields. And one more thing is we are not able to make Address Line1 as mandatory. Because while creating addresses we are not saving address line1 at geography locations. We are having just country, state, county, city, and pin code with us. So we are not able to do Address Line1 as mandatory.

5. donkfest2000

Hi Bharat,
    I updated this profile option but it only allowed changes at the site level which I set to mandatory. When I went to define profile options application was already set at updateable but the option in greyed out under profile options. Also, profile option is labeled for the receivables application so I'm not sure it would work for purchasing or the iSupplier portal. After I made the site level change I tried personalization again but the required attribute is still not availbale and when I filled out the from I was able to save my changes without completing data entry of the city and state fields. Do you know if I missed a step or any other profile options or solutions that can help me?

Thanks,
    Cal

6. Bharat

Hi Cal,

We can achieve this by removing that profile option also but we can set at creation level of addresses. I think there is such a option at Geography locations creation form itself. I can't remember its navigation exactly. I will update the document on it shortly, need to search where it is.

donkfest2000 likes this.