1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

NEED Guidence to choose my CAREER

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by shalini, Mar 21, 2011.

1. shalini

shalini Active Member

HI! i m in muddle confusion to choose my career path as java or oracle .i am 2009 btech cse graduate where i've done courses in java but i've interest in both oracle and java.i want to choose one as my carreer which has lot of growth in near future.And after 1.5 yrs of struggle in java i've got a job as a ORACLE DBA Consultant WHERE MY sal is 7k.shall i continue with this .Does it got a lot of boom or not .i need clarification in this.

2. shalini

shalini Active Member

And one more thing i would like to ask u AS a java proffessional,
    if u begin ur carreer u get d sal as not less than 1.5lpa to 3.6lpa.
    And as Experience increases u get good hike in ur sal,
    but as a DBA i dont find that much growth.
    plz say me abt d growth level & sal level as ur experience counts for ORACLE DBA.

3. Hi,you said that you have learned both courses that is Java and oracle.This two courses are very useful to you.But you said that you got a job in oracle DBA course.Its fine and continue this.

4. Apogee

Apogee Active Member

I would continue on the Oracle path for now. Oracle deployments are here to stay for many years to come (if it is job security that you are looking after)