1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Need a piece of advice, please reply!

Discussion in 'Coffee Corner' started by bdtagar, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bdtagar

bdtagar Active Member

Hi,
    I have some confusion, hope you will help me get rid of it. I did diploma in Computer science some 10 years ago in which I studied C++ and oracle Oracle DevSuite 2000. And also did M.Sc in Physics. Could not get job as a developer but worked as a Teacher for Physics and Maths. Now I have moved to IT and recently completed my MIT. Now I have good experience in IT because I prepared PCs of my friends. And also learnt Java on my own. Now I like developing Algorithms and coding for web using Java EE and PHP. But I am also interested in Oracle DBMS and want to OCP. and I can do OCP within 4 months because I am very fast in learning and pick everything up quickly. But I have a confusion. Should I go to OCP-DBA directly or OCP-PL/SQL + Oracle DevSuite+Oracle e-Business Suite first. I don't like concept of 24x7 for DBAs and also not interested in every new technology as a developer.
    :(
    Please, answer my Q.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bye...

2. bdtagar

bdtagar Active Member

Hey,
    I didn't get any reply but decided myself that I will go with Oracle developer - OCP and if got an opportunity and liked DBA job then I will do it otherwise will stick to developer-role. Right now working as a Java developer.
    bye...

3. virusx1984

virusx1984 Active Member

MIT = Massachusetts Institute of Technology ? you're genius ! !

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi bdtagar, DBAs, Developers, there's market demand for both. At the end of the day it boils down to 3 Es - Education, Expertise and Experience. :) Best of Luck...

5. JanetteBates

JanetteBates Active Member

thanks a lot

6. bhendega

bhendega Guest

Hi
    It’s too late reply; just now registered I here and I want to add something here let it be,
    Your decision is absolutely right, go ahead.
    Your choice is depends on your interested where u don’t like 24*7 support and you want to go for OCP Developer site, really your step is perfect go ahead..........

Sadik likes this.
  7. lugtuava

lugtuava Active Member

Just go where you are happy. The best job is where your happy doing it.

8. nathanz

nathanz Active Member

i guess you need to learn ORacle RAC, that will help

9. club

club Active Member

hi friend, i think man is the creator of his own destiny...so your doing right things.

10. Nidhi25

Nidhi25 Forum Genius

You can register for some functional trainings in SCM/Finance/Projects/CRM. Please send your queries to aug25_groups@yahoo.co.in for online training.