1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

my question

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by frankly, Sep 16, 2011.

1. frankly

frankly Active Member

Hi,everyone

I have a question.

I write a package function return string. if the string is constant, either executed in Pl/sql developer or by java return correctly. but the string is "var||constant||var||constant||var" style the return only constant.

for example the result should be 123@456@789,but only @@.my oracle version is 11G.

who can help me? thanks.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi,

Your question is not very clear. You should post your code and sample expected output and if possible the table structure to be able to help you.

3. frankly

frankly Active Member

I'm so sorry,I can't post my code.because of my company's security rules. thank you all the same.

4. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

In common practice i don't think that there is any rocket science in this, issue on not about Oracle 11g, all i can say on this sit hat you might exceed from you string variable limit means where you are trying to display or store your string value

from posted question i can only answer this but if you give some more idea on it then we definitely understand what you are trying to say don't post your code but you can give us more appropriate logical idea of it :)

5. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

That is not likely. A more valid assessment would be that the variables are not being populated by the function and thus are returning NULL. Had the function exceeded the string length he would be seeing

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small

Please post a similar example to what you are doing, using generic table and variable names, so we can see where the problem may lie.