1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Mutating Error - Apps vacation rules

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by vamsioracle, Mar 6, 2009.

1. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi all

I am working on apps, delegation rules. when ever user creates a vacation rule to delegate the responsibility, I need to run a procedure that sends a custom mail to the both. I created a stored procedure to capture delegation rules from wf_routing_rules and used utl_smtp pacakge in it to send the mail.
    Now i created a trigger such that for each row insert in wf_routing_rules, the procedure is called in the trigger. This created Mutating Error.

Is there any other solution.

Or can i call this procedure in button click event of the vacation rules screen.If yes where and how.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

3. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

4. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

I dont want the notification sent automatically in workflow. I want to use my custom mail alert using utl_smtp.

I donot know which workflow gets activated if a vacation rule is setup.

vamsi

5. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

When ever we create a new vacation rule, the detals are captured in ef_routing_rules table. what is the purpose of wf_routing_rule_attributes table.

In my case it always returns zero rows, though i create any number of vacation rules.

6. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

hi Vamsi, If it is a Routing Rule, the rules and the attribute values are stored in WF_ROUTING_RULES and WF_ROUTING_RULE_ATTRIBUTES. For FORWARD/DELEGATE actions, the action and target user are stored in WF_ROUTING_RULES only. This table works only for Routing Rules set up.

I found a workflow doc from solutionbeacon that you might find useful.

Attached Files: