1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

MS xs sheet Load

Discussion in 'General' started by jayakumar, Feb 18, 2011.

1. jayakumar

jayakumar Active Member

I have 1000 XL sheet,all sheet has designed same structure,
    I need to load this data's into Oracle10g.
    please give me any query or technical solution to solve this problem.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

If you use front end applications like TOAD, they have inbuilt Excel import support.

If you don't have any such application, you can write a simple CONCATENATE statement in excel to generate insert statements. That is for, example if you have two columns A, B in your excel and have a table test with column names col1 and col2. So in Excel on column C, write a concatenate formula as insert into tablename values, then in next field give A1, then A2. Once you have written the concatenate statement for one row double click to apply it on all. Then simply copy the entire third column insert statements into a text file and source it from SQL plus.

virusx1984 likes this.
  3. virusx1984

virusx1984 Active Member

I suggest you use the Excel VBA to write the insert statements for you.

4. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Here is another utility to load Excel file..

QuickLoad

5. Tariq Bashir Malhi

Tariq Bashir Malhi Forum Advisor

If you have Toad for Oracle, it is very simple to upload this data into oracle. You just create a table in your schema, then in schema browser, right click at that table you will find option of 'Import data......'
    Another way is use Sqldeveloper, a free oracle tool. Method is same create table,................................