1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Move order processing

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Chris, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris Active Member

Hi,
    I have a scenario of a single inventory organization with multiple subinventories. Each subinventory is the responsibility of different persons. I want to use the move order process to transfer quantities from one subinventory to another with the person at the sending subinventory allocate the quantity and the receiving subinventory person entering the missing quantity and transact(complete) the move order.
    Steps;
    1. Requester create the Move Order Requisition(Type: Move Order Transfer)
    2. Planner approves Move Order
    3. Source subinventory person allocate qty to send
    4. Destination subinventory person enter missing quantity and transact move order

2. Rabih

Rabih Premium Member

There is no issue with your steps. Should be fine. You cannot do an inspection or a "receiving" step for move orders within a single organization. So you have to have the person inspecting actually do the transact for the move order if he is satisfied. Usually, if the quantities are allocated and then picked from a pick list there should be nothing missing unless in-transit. The inspection step is available for PO receipts and Internal requisition intransit receipt only I believe.
    Regards
    Rabih