1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Migration of xml report

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by SAADIQ, Sep 2, 2015.

1. SAADIQ

SAADIQ Active Member

Hi,
    How to migrate the xml report(data definition,template,rtf..) from one instance to other instance.
    as per my knowledge by using xdo loader please let me know step by step process.

advance tanks
    saadiq..

2. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi Sasdiq,

Use FNDLOAD

3. SAADIQ

SAADIQ Active Member

Hi Jagadekara Reddy,
    thanks for the replay but am asking for the physical files like pdf,rtf etc.. files we use xdo loader but am not sure how to use it please let me know step step.

advance thanks
    regards
    saadiq

4. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi,

Throgh FNDLOAD we can attach rtf also.

Check the syntax below
    Attach rtf to data template
    ----------------------------
    java oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.XDOLoader UPLOAD -DB_USERNAME xxxx-DB_PASSWORD xxxx-JDBC_CONNECTION '(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xxxx.xx.com)(PORT=1520))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=XXX)))' -LOB_TYPE TEMPLATE -APPS_SHORT_NAME XXTOP -LOB_CODE XXTEST_EMP_DETAILS -LANGUAGE en -XDO_FILE_TYPE RTF -NLS_LANG en -FILE_NAME $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin/XXTEST_EMP_DETAILS.rtf -LOG_FILE XXTEST_EMP_DETAILS

SAADIQ likes this.
  5. SAADIQ

SAADIQ Active Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the replay.
    can u please explain me briefly with an example.
    1)i was create a xml publisher report(rtf report) source as data_template(not rdf report for xml file) all the steps are done like registration and attaching the data_template to data definition and assign the data definition to template.
    2)Above steps are done in the dev instance now i want to move this report to test instance how can i do that (how to move all the files like data_template,rtf file etc..)

6. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

7. SAADIQ

SAADIQ Active Member

Hi,
    thanks for the reference i got it, but i have one more question
    i was download the 2 ldt's one for the concurrent program and one for the data definition and template and i have data template file(.xml) and layout(.rtf) file in my DEV instance i take all these files into local.

Now we need to move these into Test instance right?
    i was connect to the test instance now in which location i need to move the .ldt files,.xml files and .rtf files
    Once we move then we can run the concurrent program upload and data definition/template upload fndload script then run the java script for the .xml file and .rtf file.

please let me know in which location we need to move the .ldt
    .xml
    .rtf files

Thanks & Regards
    Saadiq

8. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi,

Check the examples below:

create concurrent program, executable,parameters,valuesets
    ------------------------------------------------------------

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd O Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afcpprog.lct required.ldt PROGRAM APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME="XXCTP" CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_NAME="XXCP"

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd 0 Y UPLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afcpprog.lct required.ldt - WARNING=YES UPLOAD_MODE=REPLACE CUSTOM_MODE=FORCE

First script will generate the .ldt file in some path (mostly home path). So move that .ldt to another instance in same path.
    Then run second script. Like that do for below.

create data definition and data template
    ------------------------------------------

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd O Y DOWNLOAD $XDO_TOP/patch/115/import/xdotmpl.lct required2.ldt XDO_DS_DEFINITIONS APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME='XXCTP' DATA_SOURCE_CODE='XXCP' TMPL_APP_SHORT_NAME='XXCTP' TEMPLATE_CODE='XXCP'

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd O Y UPLOAD $XDO_TOP/patch/115/import/xdotmpl.lct required2.ldt

Attach rtf to data template
    ----------------------------
    java oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.XDOLoader UPLOAD -DB_USERNAME user_name -DB_PASSWORD pwd -JDBC_CONNECTION '(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xxx.com)(PORT=1526))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=TEST_INST)))' -LOB_TYPE TEMPLATE -APPS_SHORT_NAME XXCTP -LOB_CODE XXCP -LANGUAGE en -XDO_FILE_TYPE RTF -NLS_LANG en -FILE_NAME $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin/XXCP.rtf -LOG_FILE XXCP

Here we need to move our rtf into FND_TOP/patch/115/bin path.

To attach request group
    ---------------------------

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd O Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afcpreqg.lct required3.ldt REQUEST_GROUP REQUEST_GROUP_NAME='IN HRMS Reports and Processes' APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME='PER' REQUEST_GROUP_UNIT UNIT_APP='XXCTP' UNIT_TYPE='P' UNIT_NAME='XXCP'

FNDLOAD user_name/pwd 0 Y UPLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afcpreqg.lct required3.ldt

These are all .ldt scripts for conc program, data definition and template and attach rtf to data template and attach cp to request group.

There may be other script to attach .xml to data definition, Actually I don't have the script for it.

hope this will help you...