1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Migrating to Oracle apps R12 from 11.5.10.2

Discussion in 'System Administration & Application DBA' started by skane, Jul 2, 2009.

1. skane

skane Active Member

I would like to seek complete technical help in migrating oracle applications to R12 .
    DBAs will do all patching & migration activity .
    As a technical how should I view the custom onjects ,
    1. Open & Custom Interfaces
    2. SQL scripts / procedure
    3. Forms & reports
    4. Customized WFs .

I know in R12 there are some feature MOAC , Ledger etc .

I would like to know when you migrate to R12 then how all these new features affect
    to custom objects .
    At least I need some rough idea how to go about .

Thanks & regards,

SK

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hmmm this is from a document.

3. skane

skane Active Member

Thanks for the reply ,
    Our major challange is ,
    1. How to migrate custom objects like customized forms , reports , packages etc.
    2. What is impact on these customized objects when you migrate to R12.
    3. As we all know there are many new features included like MOAC or simply ledger ID .

4. skane

skane Active Member

Please share your views .

5. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Well Regarding custom forms, if you want to migrate them to R12 you will need to open the custom forms in Form Builder release 10G and compile them and save then upload them again. This is because the developer version for R12 is 10G. If you find that after uploading you cannot open the custom forms make sure you add the Custom_Top entry to the default.env file on the Applications tier.

About custom reports also, they should be saved with Reports Builder 10G. Now there have been certain table level changes in R12, but that is module specific, so you should check your report queries if certain reports are not giving correct results.

If you are on Linux ,you should also go through Metalink Note 416305.1. Similar notes are available for different platforms.