1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Metalink asking for Support Identifier on registration

Discussion in 'General' started by Rahul, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Rahul

Rahul Active Member

Hiii, whenever m opening Metalink for registration its asking me support identifier can u help me out m not geting exactly what 2 insert in that ........ i hope u will reply my soon .... m waiting.

Also if i have to upload any material at Club-Oracle then how i can do that?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Rahul. Metalink is Oracle's official support website for Oracle Customers. That is clients and companies who have bought oracle's products. When your company purchases Oracle Database or applications, oracle provides them a CSI or Customer Support Identifier code. This code has to be entered while registering for Metalink.

If you are working in a company or studying in a college, your seniors/professors will already have a metalink username/password that you can use or they can give you the CSI no to register with at metalink.

Now if you don't have a CSI no. or a metalink username/password, obviously you can't access oracle's support. If you have any specific question or doubt you can post on a relevant category here at Club Oracle or any other oracle forum for that matter.

Regarding uploading here at Club Oracle, when you create a new thread or post a reply, there is a Manage Attachments Button. Click on that Button to upload whatever file you want with your post as an attachment.

Regards

3. MVK

MVK Guest

If I lost the CSI number , From whom in Oracle I can get the same ? Any Email Id ? I am registered memeber of Oracle support.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Did you ever register with the New Oracle Support website?

If yes, you can retrieve your password from here, you don't need your CSI again.

If you have never registered at Oracle's site after their implementation of Single Sign On, you need to first create a new Oracle Account. After you create your free oracle account, when you sign-in to Oracle Support (the new Metalink) you will need the CSI number.

If you have lost the CSI number, you can ask your co.'s IT dept. they must be having it somewhere.