1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Member Names are not displaying correctly in Financial Reporting Center

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Rango, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Rango

Rango Active Member

The member names in Financial Reporting Center and SmartView are not correctly displaying. In Financial Reporting Center, some member names correctly show the description from the segment value while others do not. In SmartView, for account hierarchies, none of the members are correctly displaying.

Essbase requires member names and aliases to be unique across all dimensions. The cases where I am seeing a "strange" description is where we have a value that is duplicated across COA segments. For example, our COA has the following segments: Fund, Geo, Cost Center, Service Line, Account, Project, Future. We have a value of 1001 as part of both the Account and Geo segments. Since Essbase cannot have that in both dimensions, it is creating a unique name by concatenating various labels.

It appears customer can work around this by changing the Member Name Display Option in SmartView. For the Geo dimension, they have one value of 1001 that is also repeated in the Account dimension and one value of 1004 that is unique across all dimensions. they get the following results for these two members using the different choices for Member Name Display (note that the Member Name Only provides what they would be looking for).

Member Name Only
    1001-Bowers
    1004-Buchser

Member Name & Alias
    All YMCA COA Segment - Geo Values.1001 - 1001-Bowers
    1004-Buchser

Distinct Member Name
    All YMCA COA Segment - Geo Values.1001
    1004-Buchser

Based on this example above, where in my COA, the segment value is 1001 and the segment value description is Bowers, can you please tell me what is actually used as the stored Member Name and the stored Alias in Essbase? What is the difference between Member Name Only and Distinct Member Name in terms of how they are stored in Essbase?

2. Rango

Rango Active Member

Hi, Can I have a response on this question please....