1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Mass Allocation Formula

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Grant69, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Grant69

Grant69 Active Member

Hi

I have a requirement from a user to transfer the ytd balances of several general ledger accounts into 1 gl account at the end of the financial year. I was thinking of using mass allocations to do this but wasn't sure about the formula.

Parent Account:ABCD
    Children of ABCD:1,2,3,4

We want be able to transfer the balances of accounts 2,3&4 into account 1

If it can't be done by mass allocations any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Grant

2. gpearson

gpearson Guest

Simple solution
    I would suggest downloading extract of balances or alternatively run Account analysis report / Disco extract
    You then need to create a WEB ADI journal to transfer balances which is far simpler approach

Mass allocations are usually for transferring from a cost pool and apportioning based on a statistical journal. There are many ways to use these beasts and very much like a recurring journal. If you have roll up group assinged to your parent value you may be able to define the parent value rollup group as cost pool and define one single allocation as per your requirement

In conclusion go for simple option unless you have time to define the mass allocation journal in test environment and run scenario
    let me know if you go for the latter I can send you example of a formula and how it work in principle

3. Grant69

Grant69 Active Member

Hi

Thank you for your reply. We have to transfer the balance of around 335 account combinations. It gets a bit time consuming running a YTD report out of Disco and then creating a journal. I created a Dataload file which I have used to load the 335 formula's into the mass allocation batch. That took a hour or so. I can add or delete more formula's as necessary

Regards
    Grant