1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Mass Allocation Across Ledgers

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by hussain, May 8, 2014.

1. hussain

hussain Active Member

Dear All,
    I have a requirment of creating Mass allocation across ledgers. Request you to please help me with a step by step guide for Mass allocation across Ledgers.

Regards
    Hussain

2. sudhir

sudhir Active Member

Hi Hussain

Use a MassAllocation formula to create journals that allocate revenues and expenses across a group of cost centers, departments, divisions, and so on. By including parent values in allocation formulas, you can allocate to the child values referenced by the parent without having to enumerate each child separately. Hence, a single formula can perform multiple allocations.
    Use Mass Allocation batches to group your Mass Allocation formulas. For example, you might combine all formulas for a single department or division into one batch, or group all formulas for certain types of calculations into separate entries. You can create Mass Allocations in your functional currency, a foreign currency or statistical currency.
    MassAllocations versus Recurring Journals
    Creating MassAllocation Batches & Formulas
    Navigate to the Define MassAllocations window, Enter a Name and description for the MassAllocation batch. Choose Actual or Encumbrance from the Balance Type poplist, for the types of balances to use in your mass allocation batch.
    Choose Validate All to validate the batch, as well as all previously unvalidated batches. If you do not validate all batches, General Ledger will ask if you want to validate all unvalidated batches
    when you close the Define Mass Allocations window.
    To enter a MassAllocation formula:
    1. Navigate to the Define MassAllocations window. Enter or query the name of the MassAllocation batch to which you want to add the formula. Choose Formulas. Enter the Name, Category, and Description of the MassAllocation formula. Categories help you group journal entries in a convenient
    manner for reporting and analysis.
    2. Choose whether to Allocate Balances From the full balance or from a single entered currency.
    • If you choose Full Balance, General Ledger allocates your entire account balance, which is comprised of amounts entered in your functional currency, as well as amounts converted to your
    functional currency from a foreign currency. The generated MassAllocation will be a functional currency journal entry.
    • If you choose Single Entered Currency, General Ledger allocates the portion of your account balance entered in the Currency you specify. The generated MassAllocation will be a journal entry in
    the specified currency.
    Note: If you choose a foreign currency with a fixed relationship to your functional currency, the conversion rate used to calculate the accounted amount will be the fixed conversion factor between the transaction and functional currencies.
    If you are allocating encumbrance balances, you must allocate the full balance. You cannot allocate foreign currency encumbrances.
    3. Choose Full Cost Pool Allocation to have any rounding difference resulting from the MassAllocation computation added to the allocations with the largest relative balance. If you do not choose this option, any rounding differences will remain in the original account.
    4. Enter the formula lines and Save your work.

Thanks

3. hussain

hussain Active Member

Hi Sudheer,
    Thanks for the steps
    I would request you to please provide me steps for creating the Mass allocation for bifurcating the cost in various ledgers.

Regards
    Hussain

4. sudhir

sudhir Active Member

Hi Hussain

Mass Allocation is created as per the ledger basis if you want to create allocation across the ledgers then you must be select ledger(select ledger option available in creating the formula for allocation)as per your requirement and there is no seperate process for allocation to define across multiple ledgers.

Thanks

Sudhir

5. hussain

hussain Active Member

Dear Sudhir,
    Thanks for the reply, I have achieved creating Mass Allocation across ledger by creating a ledger set and assigning the ledger set to the profile option GL: Data Access Set. And then i have performed the below steps. further i have assigned the all the BSV to all the ledgers. and after that i have followed a step by step guide on mass allocation.

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards
    Hussain

6. thotamala

thotamala Guest

Hi Hussain,

Can you provide the document (with screen shot)which you have created Mass Allocation across Ledgers. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Thotamala

7. thulasee77

thulasee77 Guest

HI Hussain,

Can you please share the document (with screen shot) on creating mass allocation across ledgers. Thanks in advance.

Email: thulasee77@gmail.com.

Regards,
    Thulasee Ram

8. aloneasyou

aloneasyou Active Member