1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Making Views in a external table

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by andre.almeida, Feb 19, 2009.

1. andre.almeida

andre.almeida Active Member

Hello All,

I want to make a “view” in a external table from UCM. For example, I have a software that have a database and I want to access this database through UCM, making views for example.

I’m thinking about synchronize 2 tables, 1 external table and 1 UCM table. This 2 tables will have the same structure. The field search for a data in a external table in UCM and take this data into the UCM (in a search, for example).

Any sugestions?

Thanks,

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi...

1. Make a DB Link from the UCM Database to the external database
    2. Create a View in the UCM Database according to the Info you need from the external Database tables.
    3. In UCM, go to Configuration Manager and under the Tables Tab, add the view you created in the UCM Database as a new table.
    4. Go to the View Tab and create a new View based on the Table you created in the previous tab.
    5. Now this View is available for use on any custom Metadata Field, on check-in or other pages.
    6. You can search by this custom Metadata field above.

3. nvanama82

nvanama82 Active Member

Hi Sadik,

I am trying to implement the above and got stuck with step#3. How do i create a Table which is related to the View the that we have created in UCM DB.

It's not allowing me to do that. Any pointers would be great help.

Thanks
    Naresh

4. nvanama82

nvanama82 Active Member

I have created the View in UCM DB - But when I go to Config Manager and Tried to add the tables - I can;t see the View as one of the table.

BTW, I am using UCM 11g.