1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

lov not returning correct value after update

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by chalie003, Nov 25, 2014.

1. chalie003

chalie003 Active Member

hi i have lov which is not returning correct data the business reule are as follow

object can be a parent or child--if the object is the only child than it cannnot display value in parent textitem
    object can have one or more child
    a child can have two object as parent
    a developer can develop more than one object
    object can be develop by one developer

object can have more than one child/parent

eg. SecondObject can have thirdObject as child and firthObject as a child and mainObject as parent it depend on how it was linked

at my screen i what to display all object via lov with with thiere parent or child and the developer who develop that object

if the selected object does not have relationship i what to create new relationship either the parent/child of an object

this is what i have attemp to do
    this is what i have try

lov sql

1. return all object with either there parent object or child object and the developer for each object,if the object is a parent and does not have parent it must still be display

-the problem is currently am displaying one object twuce in the list one for parent object and one for child object

2 return all object which are parent to create a relationship to the exisiting object

3 return all object which are childrento create a relationship to the exisiting object

am in oracle form 11gR2

this is what am trying to do