1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Location validations

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by Bharat, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

Can we know how to validate locations like ( Country, State, County, City, Postal code) in geography locations using Trading Community Architecture. Here in my case users are created with their own values. So now we need to validate them and we need to retrieve invalid addresses.

We can restrict for customer creation form by help of hz: address validation level for application. If we set this as "error" at application level then its mandatory for entering state, city, county, and postal code.

Like this we can restrict users to enter only valid data. But if they are creating addresses city, state etc with their own values then how can we validate them. Actually here problem is user entered some thousands of records with their own values. Now I want to validate them and has to display which are invalid using query, by that I can try to update those records. Is there any API to validate the data. Please help me on this.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharatappa,

Simples , I presume u r using R12 Go and set the value for the Profile HZ_APP_ADDR_VAL as per your needs.
    For the garbage already in the system
    Go to Trading Community manager
    Geographies
    Select your country
    and choose the level of validation and change ( You can also change to warning etc) Just play around there. e.g. you can only validate state or only city so on and so forth
    Do not think technically (one track) as it will not meet your overall business requirements.
    First thing you should look for is functional solutions and not code and api's to do mass updates from the back end (Just a humble opinion).
    Oracle R12 is a beast. Tickle it and get it to work for you. If you beat it from behind the after effects will show up sooner or later from places you least expect.
    Thanks N Rgds
    Ramji

3. Bharat

Will work and update you tomorrow ramji.

Ramji likes this.
  4. Bharat

Hi ramji,

As you said that works for customer address validation as I said in my earlier post below. But now my requirement is to validate the addresses while creating them itself whether they are valid addresses or not. Is it possible to so. Actually what's the problem is here user entered some addresses with wrong input so there are so many invalid addresses created. Now we want to identify them and we need to update them with proper addresses. This is my actual problem.

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

I know what you mean. Yes set the profile and when you create if the user keys in a wrong one what will happen is an error message will pop up and when you are on the field say state there will be suggestion for the valid ones for that field. I think the best way and quickest way to correct the ones already entered instead of discover and correcting one by one is , run a query to pull up the values customerwise and sort by location and query each of the distinct values to ensure it is valid. I do not think there is any program that gives you the invalid combinations. Let me check.
    cheers
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Thinking about it further...
    If we Set the address validation level to error and then enter a wrong address and query this record to see how it is reflected. Certain fields will be null because it will not allow you to save the record with wrong combinations. Then run a query to find out records which are similar. But then if you set the profile it will only be prospective. Records already entered wrongly with no validation will remain as it is.

I guess the above method is the only way out to quickly identify and correct the already wrong entries. Then if you set this profile it will not allow new records to be entered with invalid info.
    cheers
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Check out the API's in the R12 Trading Community Architecture and also here is a script to find API's for each module
    select substr(a.OWNER,1,20)
    , substr(a.NAME,1,30)
    , substr(a.TYPE,1,20)
    , substr(u.status,1,10) Stat
    , u.last_ddl_time
    , substr(text,1,80) Description
    from dba_source a, dba_objects u
    WHERE 2=2
    and u.object_name = a.name
    and a.text like '%Header%'
    and a.type = u.object_type
    and a.name like 'PA_%API%'