1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Loading a table in Oracle Ap Ex from a MS Access table. (checkbox field)

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Paul Straz, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Paul Straz

Paul Straz Active Member

Hello everyone.

2. Paul Straz

Paul Straz Active Member

Hello.

I have an app in MS Access that I need to copy in Oracle Application Express. I have been loading the table data into ApEx without trouble until now. This is how I have been doing it:

In ApEx, under tab "Utilities", select "Data Load/Unload". Select "Load", then "Load Text Data". Load To: "Existing Table", Load From: "Copy and paste". (I have copied the data in the table in MS Access.) Then I select the table name, etc.

This has been working until I got to the table called "Main". This table in MS Access contains checkbox fields (defined as a "Yes/No" field in Access). I cannot get this to load into the table "MER_Main" in the ApEx application. The field in ApEx is defined as a Varchar2(3). I don't know if that is how it should be defined but I have tried everything I can think of. (Loading to "New Table", Loading From ".xls", ".txt", "xml" files, and so on.

Has anyone done this before? Maybe I'm not defining the field in ApEx properly. Should it be a Boolean? I guess I'll try this but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul S