1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Kerberos based authentication from Applicationserver 10.1.2 to Active Directory 2008

Discussion in 'Application Server (Weblogic Server, OC4J etc) & I' started by glasauer1, Apr 22, 2009.

1. glasauer1

glasauer1 Active Member

Hello,
    just a short question: Has anyone achieved to authenticate via kerberos to a Windows 2008 Domain?

Info: We like to continue to use the SSO and Windows Native Authentication feature. It worked with our Windows 2003 domain. But our domainserver was updated and we cannot make a connection from our Oracle application server (10.1.2.0.2) to the new domain via kerberos. The ktpass shows errors (according pType) while creating the sso.keytab. The keytab file is created. The kinit-tool (for testing the keytab file) shows errors again.

Any hint would be appreciated,
    regards
    Joerg

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: Kerberos based authentication from Applicationserver 10.1.2 to Active Directory 2

I don't think so. I haven't seen kerberos+windows 2008 in any practical environment. Though there is some online material on kerberos authentication with 2008. I suggest you open a ticket with microsoft and oracle about the source of the error.

You can find more info at microsoft's kerberos page

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/kerberos/default.mspx

Also an interesting presentation is here:

http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw08/talks/thu_2/short-msft-server-2008-kerberos.ppt

3. glasauer1

glasauer1 Active Member

Re: Kerberos based authentication from Applicationserver 10.1.2 to Active Directory 2

Hi Sadik,
    thx for the material - I found new things in the presentation.
    Despite of Oracle AS is not certified with Active Directroy 2008 - as fas as I know - I'll open a service request at oracle.

I'll inform about our findings.

regards
    Joer

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

yes Oracle Applications server is not certified with AD 2008 , but we should hear what oracle has to say about it.

5. glasauer1

glasauer1 Active Member

Hello,
    unfortunately last week Oracle tells us to "upgrade" to to Oracle 11g application server (Fusion Middleware). Our request was so long in development respectively in expertise:
    very frustrating.

6. nhl blog

I am modish,wish you a happy date!