1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

JVM configuration for Application server instead of jinitiator

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by manikbhai, Sep 14, 2011.

1. manikbhai

manikbhai Active Member

Hello Tech gurus,

Help!!

I have been working on an ERP system which is developed in oracle forms 10g. The application server was configured to work with JInititor which i now find it not working window7 64 bit systems. When i googled about the issue i found that jinitiator was kinda old version and Oracle itself promotes the new JVM configuration. I somehow made it work gathering information from almost a million websites but even though the application is running, it tends to exit without warning and some of the trigger like when-mousedouble-click is not working properly. So please gurus if anyone has been through this JVM conversion phase, Please give me guidelines to overcome the issues that i mentioned above.

Regards
    Manikandan.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hmmm, when you say "new JVM configuration", what exactly do you mean. Jinitiator was phased out by oracle in support of newer Java Runtime Environment clients, popularly know as JRE. So technically if your client machine has latest Java installed, forms 10g should open fine. If it's indeed Java that you meant, then the Java console should show you the error when forms exit. I can't comment anything more right now without knowing your client system and any specific error.

3. manikbhai

manikbhai Active Member

Thanks for the reply Sadik

here is my problem.

You are correct by sayin JRE. This is exactly what i meant. I could configure it sucessfully but the application that I am working on has lot of when-mouse-doubleclick which is used to fetch records, call other forms etc. so what exactly happens is that there is list of records upon double clicking a record the mouse double click trigger fires and a new form is called. when I am double clicking some of the records at the botton the cursor tends to move to first record in the form and then the double click trigger fires. so wat happens is that i get the result only of the first record double click and not the one which i wanted. this is working fine in jinitiator. when i google about the problem many have faced it same but none have posted anything abt solving it. :(

I hope u understood my problem.