1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Java script error

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by FAMARO, Dec 2, 2010.

1. FAMARO

FAMARO Active Member

Can someone help me in a acess problem in ucm 10g?

When a read only user acess the UCM, before show the UCM interface, the system show a java script error... the messege is:

layout.js: TypeError: navBuilder.getNodeById("NEW_CHECK_IN") is null

...its happen when acess with "guest" too.

Does anyone knows how i proceed to dont show this error anymore?

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Is this a stock 10g, or has someone made modifications to the UI? My first guess is that the person who wrote the code in layout.js was assuming that every user would have a new checkin menu item, but read only users and guests don't have this. (Yeah, this is probably pretty obvious, but I don't have access to a 10g server tonight to take a look at the code.) You will probably need to modify the code in layout.js to check to see if navBuilder.getNodeById("NEW_CHECK_IN") returns a non-null value.

Sadik likes this.
  3. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I took a look at what I think is a stock 10gR3 server, and it doesn't have any calls to getNodeById that don't protect against missing items. It's possible that your server is an older version.

You might want to try turning on javascript debugging in your browser so you can find the place where this is happening in the source. You can then modify the layout.js file so that it checks the value returned by getNodeById("NEW_CHECK_IN") and avoid using it if it's null.

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Did you ever solve your problem?

Sadik likes this.
  5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Seems like he did and he is not telling us... :)