1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

I've learnt SQL, what's next.

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by shish, Apr 27, 2012.

1. shish

shish Active Member

Hello, I've learnt sql from this source: v series of oraclecoach on youtube and googling.

Now, as I want to be a professional developer, what do I need to learn next? How can I make forms, reports based on my created table. How to make my database redistributable so that I can sell it. So many question arise in my mind.

Can you please explain me a sequence of learning oracle? As I want to develope this type of software such as management systems and sell them, what do I need to learn more?
    I'm totally dependent on this forum as I've none other to help or no institution to teach me.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Your goal is admirable yet there are so many such software offerings it would be good for you to see what they do and try to improve on the existing products. That being the case let me answer some of your questions:

To be a developer you will rely heavily on PL/SQL so that is a must to learn.
    Next is to learn forms and reports -- the software necessary is available free of charge at www.oracle.com in the downloads section. Pay close attention to the system requirements for the forms and reports software.
    You will need to contact Oracle sales for the licensing requirements for redistributing your software based on Oracle products; there are agreements which permit such activities.

You may also come here (and we encourage you to do so) to get assistance on topics that are unclear to you. We will gladly help those who help themselves.

3. shish

shish Active Member

Thank you a lot.
    Can you suggest me some free learning resource for the next steps?

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

'Free' learning resources are rarely free as many are not reliable sources of information. Oracle magazine is a good source of PL/SQL information however it's directed at those who already know PL/SQL; the online documentation at tahiti.oracle.com is a good place to start for no-cost information. Steven Feuerstein's PL/SQL site -- http://plsql-challenge.blogspot.com/ -- is also a good resource but it, too, may be beyond your not-yet-a-beginner status. His personal website is http://www.stevenfeuerstein.com/ and it has a link to the titles of books he's written -- all of them excellent material for learning PL/SQL. No, they are not free but very little of any worth is.

Start with PL/SQL; you've stated you've 'learnt SQL' but there is much to the language I feel you haven't grasped or attempted. Keep learning SQL (it is a vast subject) and add PL/SQL to that. Only after you are comfortable and fairly proficient with both should you move on to forms and reports.

Sadik likes this.
  5. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru