1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Item Property to GET Databse value

Discussion in 'Oracle Development General' started by salmankhalid, Mar 6, 2013.

1. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

Dear All,
    i am tryign to seach item property or a method to check whether an item is database or not in Oracle forms 11g.

During my search i have find out that there is an item property that SET databse value YES or NO

i wonder if item has property to SET databse value then there must be property to GET databse value

IF anyone from all know that mehtod or property please let me know

Thanks in advance

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Salman,

Y do u want to get the database property of an item? ... What's ur purpose behind it?

3. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

baiscally i toggle item databse property from YES to NO during my form code, at certian event i want to get whether my databse item property is YES or NO, for that reason i need to get some result for required (GET ITEM Property).

4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Salman,

This whole concept is pretty complex to execute as generally such a requirement doesn't arise of making the block dynamically a custom block/Db block.
    But anyways, if u don't have any other option but to make it toggle dynamically then i believe u can use QUERY_ALLOWED property.
    However i'm a li'l intrigued, r u able to toggle the blocks dynamically? .. If u're already successfully toggling the block, then please xplain the methodology u've utiliized to accomplish this.

5. peeter

peeter Guest

Hi ac.arijit,
    I am agreed with you. Because if he has already successfully toggling the block. Then he must explain the methodology to accomplish this.