1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Item cost change after transaction

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Bharat, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi ,

I have given some item cost to some 'XX' item and made roll-up cost using BOM and later made purchase order to increasenr quantity for that item and made WIP to increase quantity of Finished good. But unfortunately I have given wrong item cost, now I want to change that. But when Iam trying to change, Iam getting error like "you cannot change cost after doing transactions". Can I know how to increase the item cost.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

I shall help you on this tomorrow. Am off to sleep. No more Oracle for the day. If you are a bachelor, I will advise you to make a provision for atleast 3 divorces (My word the way you are working on Oracle... LMAO)
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  3. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Thanks for reply m8. No problem its not a major issue. Let me work for now on it. If not I will discuss with you tomorrow. Have a nice sleep.

4. Bharat

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on this issue.

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

What is the transaction you have entered and what is the change you are trying to do? This info will be needed to study the impact on Oracle.
    Ramji

6. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have created an item and assigned item cost as 100 for some 'X' organization and did Purchase order to increase quantity and made some sales order's on it. After that I tried to change cost for that item to 200. But it is saying that "you cannot change cost after doing transactions".

7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

I am looking into my repository. I think I have a doc somewhere. Else I will explain the logic. That is the expected functionality. If you are working on a test instance try to reverse all the transactions against this item and then adjust the cost and let us know. Try it stage by stage (RMA) and then try to enter alter costs.
    Ramji

8. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have did that for sale order, but few of others did some miscellaneous transactions on that item to decrease/ increase quantity. So how can I revert back them too, and I made purchase order also on that item. So is it possible to revert back Purchase order and miscellaneous transactions on it.