1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Issue with excel import into empty database through sql developer

Discussion in 'General' started by SaqibD, Dec 19, 2014.

1. SaqibD

SaqibD Guest

Hi all! Firstly, I would like to apologise in advance if this has been posted in the wrong place, please do move it if this is the case.

Now for the issue I am having. I am trying to create a database and import some data I have in an Excel spreadsheet straight into it.

The spreadsheet has around 65,500 rows and 14 columns so it is a fair amount of data (the end goal here is for a database that helps run an interactive dashboard).

So far I have

- Installed and setup Oracle 11g R2
    - Created a database which is currently empty
    - Used Enterprise Manager to create a new tablespace with 5 GB space and privileges
    - Installed SQL Developer and connected to the database with two connections (one user and one admin (system account))
    - I have also increased the VM in both sqldeveloper.conf and the ide.conf

The problem I am having is that once I right click ‘Tables (Filtered)’ and try to import data, once I go through the dialog box and define all the column types and space for them, the process fails and I get an error saying, ‘Import Data into table SuppPerf from file supplier performance data.xls . Task failed and import rolled back.’

I also get ‘Java heap space’ and ‘GC overhead limit exceeded’.

Any ideas on what is happening and how I can retify this?

Many thanks!