1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Is there any API exists for changing/updating Primary UOM of an Item

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Bharat, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

I want to update primary UOM to different one like while creating we have assigned primary UOM to 'Month' then now I want to update that to 'Each'. Is there any way to update it. Is there any API to do it so. Please guide me to do this.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharatappa,

Nope! primary UOM is not updateable. I have seen the standard practise whereby rename the item which you have and create a new one with the correct primary UOM and start transacting.

I do not remember seeing the use of a standard api to propogate mass changes. Also have come across discussions on project on unsupported 3rd party tools which allow such changes, but client did not go ahead because such changes are not supported by Oracle. Hope this helps.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. Bharat

Dear ramji,

Here unfortunately while creating item they entered wrong UOM in Production itself and they did so many transactions on them. Now we need to change that to right one. We have updated manually from back-end in test instance for practice, after updating that record and doing transactions that items are not hitting in install base and saying error like UOM Code not found some thing.

But here we need to change it at any cost. Please guide me if any way is there to do.

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

Messaged you. Change it but play safe with production. Mass updates from the back end strongly not advised.
    cheers
    Ramji

5. Bharat

Actually we have updated from backend and after doing that we have done sales order on that, then in that its showing new UOM only. But after shipping in install base its not hitting and error is getting displayed.