1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Is Oracle Database 11G Sql Fundamentals 1Z0-051 Beneficial?

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by lwg001, Dec 2, 2014.

1. lwg001

lwg001 Guest

Hi all,
    I have been working with SQL for about 2 years now and I have taken some classes on it. I am looking to get the mentioned certification for proof that I have a foundation in SQL. Would it be beneficial to take the test? Are there any advantages for this certification?
    All advice would be helpful!
  2. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

Orlando, Florida
    Well first you need to understand that passing 1Z0-051 by itself does not grant you a certification. There are several two and three exam certification tracks that this exam will count as the SQL portion of.

That aside -- I always argue that certification exams are more valuable as a means of learning new information and finding your weak spots than in providing a piece of paper that some employer may or may not feel is valuable. The exam topics for 1Z0-051 are a reasonable cross-section of the basics that essentially any SQL developer should have. If you know SQL extremely well, then 1Z0-051 may be a walk in the park for you that teaches you nothing. However, I would bet that you will strengthen at least some aspects of your knowledge in preparing for the exam. If you will be using SQL in your career, then that is value-add.
  3. Puneeet20

Puneeet20 Active Member

Yes ocprep is right, if you know SQL very well that it is very easy for you. As i have already cleared for that exam it only gives you the score card not any certification and you have to prerpare hard for the exam in case you need any material regarding that exam feel free to contact me in the same thread. And yes it will be an official proof for your knowledge.