1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Is OCE Certification for Supply Chain Mangement Order Management worth.

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by Premal, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Premal

Premal Active Member

Hi friends,
    Is OCE certification Path for R12 Supply Chain Mangement Order Management worth. Is it valuable. I am PMP Certified IT Manager with over 7 and half years of experience in Oracle Apps as Techno-functional with one implementation experience.
    Kindly guide me for the same.

Thanks and regards

PMEHTA

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Premal,

Sure it is. But in ERP Certifications count for nothing. You will need to get hands on experience. Also Larry has just announced the Oracle Cloud Initiative. If you have money to spend go for it. Else you can wait as major changes are round the bend.
    Ramji

3. Premal

Premal Active Member

Hi Ramji,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have around 7 and half years of Experience in Oracle Apps ERP and overall around 11.6 years of IT experience and have taken the recommended training also.
    Would this Certification help me to grow?

Thanks and regards

Premal

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Premal,

I will give you a honest answer. Growth and knowledge and certifications do they go together? No!! For growth it depends on what you are doing, where you see yourself going to the next level and above all being in the right place at the right time.

Assuming you have very good knowledge of the product that you are thinking of getting certification and money is not a constraint, then go for it without expecting anything from it. What it does for you is to validate your skills, especially in the west? In India its a different scene . I remember when I first got certified in 11.03 and out of curiosity applied for a couple of interviews to take in the experience. Some interviewers took to it like a red rag to a bull. The attitude was you are Certified, let me see what you know. I can swear after a couple of interviews I was sweating. They did not ask me about my mother-in-law! God. Ragad Ragad Ragad! So depends where you are looking to be.

To conclude if you have the money and feel positive about it go for it without expectations. If something was to fall on your lap because of it so be it. Nothing is hard and fast in modern times (except fast food and fast girls:) and fast cars).
    Ramji