1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Is it possible to provide non-display columns to download in classic report

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Bharat, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

We have an Classic Report with 10 columns in the query and provided 5 columns for display. Now users are asking to provide all 10 columns to download instead of downloading those 5 columns. Please suggest whether it's possible to do or not.

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

In cases like that...you should consider migrating that report to the Interactive variety...that way the customer can format the report to exactly what they want and download at will.

HTH

CJ

3. Bharat

Actually there is another interactive report on that page. So we cannot create another one right ?
    Is there any possibility to do this in classic report itself ?

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

That is true...one IR per page. I wonder if APEX 5 will fix that.

I was not aware that hiding a column on a classic report prevented the column from being downloaded. Normally, when I have reports available for download...I don't display anything other than the link to the report...it simply downloads the contents.

You could have 2 regions available w/ a button to resubmit the page. The regions would allow the switch between your 5 column reports and the full report...just set up the conditional display based on the value set when you click the button. That's one way.

Personally, I would just display all the columns and be done w/ it or move it to another page entirely so I could have it as an IR. Really depends on how persnickety your customer is.

CJ

5. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

6. Bharat

In this link given its not clear to implement CJ. Do you got any idea on that ?

7. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Even though the column is hidden you can still edit the column properties...I believe you need to go to the Conditional portion of the page and enter :

apex_application.g_excel_format = TRUE​

Probably expects the condition to be PL/SQL Function Body returning Boolean.

Note, that's how I would EXPECT to do it...never tried this myself and the rules for 4.x are a bit different from 3.x

You will probably have to play around with it a bit. :eek:

8. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

9. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

10. Bharat

This works when we use the following in conditional display as PL/SQL Function Body:

apex_application.g_excel_format = TRUE

This is remove the column to not to display the field and will allow the download option to download that column.