1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Introduction, need some kind advice as well

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by boniver, Apr 24, 2016.

1. boniver

boniver Newly Initiated

Hi all,

I am a PT and Administrator looking to get back into IT as part of increasing my knowledge. Some 9 years back I have completed BCA and I loved Database as a subject. Now I want to get myself up to date and as well get certifications. It would be very helpful if I can get some advice as to how to brush up my knowledge and start getting certifications. Thanks to everyone in advance

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Certifications are useful for two things.

1> Increasing your knowledge
    2> Brag value

Certifications rarely will by themselves get you a job. The only thing which matters on a job interview is your experience and your relevance to my organization need. If those two are met, and you also have certifications, you stand out. What I would suggest is that you look into your target employers job postings and or ask your friends who may work in such organizations what specific experience they look for in individuals. Then try and gather practice or implementation in those areas. Do get certifications by all means, they do not hurt, my point is don't only focus on them.

3. boniver

boniver Newly Initiated

Hi Sadiq,

Thanks a lot for your advice. Much appreciate. I have kind of looked into this and realised that I am not that big into coding and stuff (well since my bachelors'). I have told by quite a few of my friends who work in the IT about database and sql. And that have been my area of interest. I get your point of experience being as one of the utmost importance, which I can achieve. But as well to do certs I want to have the most useful one. Pardon me if I sound vague but it would be great to hear your response

4. whateverls15

whateverls15 Starter

This is the best advice i have ever seen so far, thank you so much my friend