1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Interview Questions- INVITATION- Friends Contribute

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by Ramji, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

In order to help our community members, those of you who attend Oracle Interviews are requested to post questions you encounter. If you have the answers post them too. If you dont have an answer just post the question. Others can add answers by way of replies and once a year we can compile it and store it in a single place. say 2011 Interview Q and A's, 2012 Interview Q and A's and so on , instead of having multiple documents in a scattered manner.

I would like to start this initiative with a first Question

Q1. What is the Difference between R12 and Fusion? If you implement R12 are you implementing Fusion?

A. R12 and Fusion are different Products. Fusion being the latest which inherits many of the functionalities of Oracle R12. The Technology stack and method of development are also different.

Keep them coming for 2012
    Ramji:hurray

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

This appears to be yet another method of compiling 'brain dumps' to help those who have no experience or have no inclination to research these questions. Compiling a (somewhat) comprehensive list of interview questions and answers only enables those who have no motivation to actually learn the material through experience to memorize the questions and answers and attempt to pass an interview. Although well-intended this seems to be nothing more than spoon-feeding those who won't do any actual work.

3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

I agree with Zargon completely. It is apparently going to be spoon-feeding.

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear David/Raj,

I beg to differ. For newbies to get a break lending a helping hand is different from Braindumps. Braindumps is plagiarism.The idea is to discuss tricky questions to give newcomers a hang of what to expect.

Today the industry is mature. It is a small world. Unless you are hands on and good you will be found out in no time and dumped. There is no free meal. The initiative is more on sharing experience and knowledge and encouraging lateral thinking. Do not get me wrong. I would not encourage any spood feeding. It will improve vistas.

It is more a confidence building exercise. I have seen newbies who have left sweating after interviews. Even though some of them worked day and night on the product, the experience would be daunting . For eg I was part of a panel of a guy that had certified in SAP and when he was asked to expand SAP, he just stammered and lost it. After the interview when I met the poor chap in the passage, he said he just could not recollect and then he went on to tell what it was.

Anyway if you feel this is not worth it, I am fine.

Cheers
    Ramji

5. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

And it also provides actual interview questions and answers, information which could allow someone to cheat through an interview and take a job from someone who is qualified.

Eventually that will occur however it may take several months to discover, costing the employer thousands in wasted time and unqualified labor resources when a qualified candidate was available but didn't memorize the question and answer list to 'ace' the interview. One client of mine contracted a 'DBA' based solely on buzzwords spouted in the interview process. No real knowledge was imparted however this person was hired over other, more qualified applicants. 4 months later, when the long distance bills were scrutenized, was it found out that this 'DBA' knew nothing and was relying upon a friend several states away (who knew little more than this 'DBA') to get the job done. The interview process is for weeding out the unqualified applicants and such a 'project' only makes memorizing questions and answers easier to do.

The only confidence in this exercise is in the ability of someone of low moral character to use this information to 'score' a high-paying position he or she is unprepared to accept -- it's called a 'confidence game' for a reason. The perpetratror (unqualified applicant) instills confidence in the mark (the employer) by skillfully 'answering' the questions without really answering them. Do not think that all technical interviews are conducted by senior-level staff as the person with 1 year of experience may have a greater technical knowledge of the product than the hiring manager and is thus charged with conducting the interview and is given questions (and answers) found on the Internet to ask the potential employees. Not knowing any better and hearing the 'answer' repeated verbatim by someone who merely memorized the list the applicant is given the 'high five' and hired. Down the road when it's realized this person can't perform the tasks given them (or is palming off the work to more qualififed employees) the employee is likely terminated, and the company has lost time and financial resources on a person who should never have been considered in the first place.

It is no different from braindumps for those who use such resources to cheat their way into a position.

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear David,

On looking at your perspective, I agree and will abandon the effort. You are right I looked at it from a Confidence Building angle alone. Yes dumps and spoon feeding carry a gr8 risk of promoting disguised unemployment. Thank you for your frank interjection. I saw a lot of newcomers asking questions on rudimentary stuff and thought of helping out. No malafide intent whatsoever. It is true what you say about the interview process.
    Thanks once again.
    Ramji

7. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Very Interesting discussion.

As someone who has been on both sides of the aisle, both taking and giving interviews, I can see both sides. I will keep my point very simple.

Sometimes, even though one is experienced, one may have forgotten small details. This is more true in a ERP implementation profile perhaps. For instance I have extensive domain knowledge in Enterprise Asset Management, however I may not remember a few flags on a few setup forms in Oracle EBS. If I was going for an interview, I may glance over a few of those details if they were readily available in QnA format.

However, the opposite is exactly true. I have taken interviews of candidates with several years of experience who come in an interview having memorized Questions and their answers from sources on the internet and elsewhere. Mostly these candidates can be found out if the interviewer is experienced. But there are times when the candidate is very smart in showing off their mugged skill and the interviewer gets fooled. Has happened in one of the companies I worked for the in the past.

In conclusion I would say that it's perhaps better to help people who come and ask a question to learn something instead of providing someone what they "should" know.

My 2 cents.... :)

8. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Sadik,

I fully agree with you. Wanted to elicit different views and responses on the subject before embarking on what I sought initially to help newcomers. I saw a lot of posts asking for what to do, where to train, so on and so forth.

Things have changed a lot since the days I started out to gain a foothold in the ERP field. Today the net , contribution of groups like this, opportunities for the flow of information, trends etc is phenomenal.

In those days all that was there was self confidence , experience in the field plus belief and conviction that carried the day. So your 2 cents is 2million dollars my friend. Let us allow individual initiative and drive to learn rule the roost , instead of spoon feeding as David and others say.
    Ramji