1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close

Discussion in 'Coffee Corner' started by Julian, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Julian

Julian Forum Advisor

:D well life is pretty hard if we are using internet explorer to surf the web. I am not any expert, really learning to use the computer ever since my organization decided we all need to work with computers.

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This just keeps bugging me. Many times when i have many pages opened and BOOM! everything disappears with this ERROR. i dunno how u IT guys do it, i guess maybe it's just me :(

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

well i suggest you switch to Mozilla firefox and you will never have to look back! It will start faster, load pages faster and has like a gazillion add-ons to improve functionalities! and in the unlikely event that it crashes, it will reload all the tabs you had open

and no btw i don't get any commission cos it's absolutely free...

3. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

One more advantage:
    It does not hog the cpu.

4. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Even Google Chrome ( beta version ) is doing magic for me. I became a fan of it after its first use . Its so nice and simple to use.

At least it is working well in Windows XP . I heard its having some problem with Windows Vista.

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

yes chrome is good raj, but the problem with it is that several things don't work with chrome as it's still only in alpha version (not even beta!) For example in Club-Oracle itself (or any other forum) CTRL+B will make insert the [ B ][ /B ] tags. but that doesn't work in chrome.

I am waiting for the Beta version on chrome though