1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Interface

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by sathy1024, Sep 20, 2010.

1. sathy1024

sathy1024 Active Member

I have to migrate data from PC to Unix oracle apps. what are the tools
    for interface of GL,PO,OM, AP, AR. If you can give me more details for
    one of the modules, I can check on the system.
    Tx

2. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Sathy,

Let me know in which format you have data? In excel files, simple flat files or some other format?

There are interface tables available in Oracle which you can make use to upload data into.
    And then you can run few programs to process and post this data into Oracle apps.

3. sathy1024

sathy1024 Active Member

M_Anas_O
    I have a flat file of GL, SUppliers, Customers, Item Info.etc.
    Thanks
    Sathy

4. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

You can build custom programs to upload these files into interface tables first and then run interface programs.
    Most of the entities you mentioned must be having interface tables provided by ORacle itself.
    If not you can create temporary custom tables and build custom interface programs using standard ORacle APIs to push this data into Oracle Apps.

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

There are Interface tables and APIs for importing Suppliers, customers etc. You have to read up on data migration methodology for Oracle Apps. I suggest you download eTRMs and also search through metalink. The concept as such is very simple. You have to populate interface tables of suppliers and customers and then run the import programs provided with APPS. But the devil is in the details... :D