1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Interface Vs API

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by jagadekara, Mar 7, 2014.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi All,
    Good Morning.

I have a requirement to load the legacy data of supplier into oracle applications r12. So for this we have open interface and as well as API. So what can I do, Either Interface or API? Please give suggestion.

2. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi,

Any suggestion?

3. amin

amin Guest

Hi
    What do you refer as interface or api? API is used to load the data. its the engine of load. Any interface should call an API or a package (which calls an API).
    As long as its public API its supported by oracle. If you have the blessing to use private API you can use it too.
    ETRM can find your supplier API. + all info needed.
    thanks

jagadekara likes this.
  4. neelambhumij

neelambhumij Active Member

jagadekara likes this.
  5. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi Neelam,

I chose API because it is faster than open interface.... Also Some interfaces it self has API's in its package. Through SQL * Loader I will load data from flat files to Staging tables and then validate the data and send it to oracle through an API.

6. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi Jagadekara,

API and Interface both are good...

For the Usage of API , we need to study the behavior of API and how to handle it, like error records , success records and how to capture error records,how to debug etc... Needs some program practice....

For the Interface or conversion, is just like playing safe game... we need to know which tables are hitting post running the program, like if error occurred, which table it is hitting and also summary will be displayed after running the program ...

Choice is yours...

jagadekara likes this.