1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

'Intelligence Tab' in iSupplier

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by manikvengurlekar, Mar 7, 2012.

1. manikvengurlekar

manikvengurlekar Forum Advisor

Dear All,
    Can anybody tell me the significance of 'Intelligence Tab' in iSupplier:full access control. Also please let me know the required setups or inputs for generating the graphs present in that tab.

:confused:

2. aahutisingh

aahutisingh Active Member

even i am also facing this prob.......pls let me know if you got to know answer....

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Both,

Have you checked your browser settings. As for the significance of the tab you can check the Oracle Documentation. If you are on IE 8, it is not supported.Try through Firefox.

Make sure you do the following;

for IE 7 and 6

1)Change the security settings to Medium-Low
    2)Add the website to your trusted site(Ebiz url)
    3)Allow the isupplier port in your firewall by creating an exception(Wont advise disabling firewall)
    4)Internet option security tab allow downloads, open file settings
    5) Make sure verify server settings is unchecked

Restart your browser and retry and you should be able to see anything available.
    Hope this gets you started.
    Ramji

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Manik,

My previous reply is when the Intelligence tab is not displaying properly. Whether you can access the tab is determined by the privileges when you set up Isupplier portal. Make sure the appropriate internal view is assigned (Security>User>Define> Assign the appropriate responsibility).
    Now the significance of this tab is all the business intelligence that comes with the product. Basically it gives you the statistics readymade to analyze the performance of your suppliers. No of PO's, value so on and so forth.
    Hope this helps.
    To generate the graphs you will need to enter data as without data you will not see anything.
    For setups of I supplier refer to the Oracle guide.
    Ramji

manikvengurlekar likes this.
  5. manikvengurlekar

:eek:Dear Ramji,
    Thanks for the needful information.I really got an overview.As per your suggestion I've had referred the implementation guide of iSupplier. But i didn't get any detailed information about the required setups. so need help regarding this.

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Ok I am out today. Shall get in touch sometime soon during the weekend and point you in the right direction.
    Cheers
    Ramji

7. manikvengurlekar

Dear Ramji
    Thanks for the quick reply. sure I will be in touch with you in this weekend as i need to get it done as soon as possible.

Regards
    Manik

8. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

Apologies for the delay. Have been tied up with stuff. Now tell me what instance you are working on? Vision? or a Production Instance? I know the answer but tell me this so that I can point you in the right direction.
    cheers
    Ramji

9. manikvengurlekar

ya thanks for the reply Ramji ya first of all i am going to try it on Vision instance, if it is successful we are going to implement in production instance. so now can you please help me.

Regards
    Manik

10. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Yes This is what I wanted to find out. See the only two says you will not be able to see the Intelligence tab are

1) It is excluded in the menu exclusions of the responsibility that your are using to access isupplier. So you go to sysadmin and see if there is anything in the menu exclusions of the responsibility and remove it and then try to access it.

2) The business Intelligence tab will not show anything if DBI is not fully implemented. Check if DBI is fully implemented for use with vision.

Since you plan to implement it in Production, I suggest if point 1 and 2 leave you with doubts on the next steps log a service request with Oracle and implement it in a test instance rather than vision as a test instance will mirror your production setup. Oracle will get back to you on what you are missing after you answer their queries with your System RDA and other diagnostics.

* If you see the tab but no graphs then it is a data issue. You will then need to analyze what info is shown in there and enter the information to show up in there.

cheers
    Ramji

11. manikvengurlekar

Dear Ramji
    Let me clear you that right now i am using the Solution Beacon vision instance with the responsibility of 'iSupplier full access'. Now tell me how to interact with data so that the graph can come properly for the intelligence tab.

Regards
    Manik

12. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

I was clear from the Beginning. See I wrote earlier. You see the tab in the Isupplier full access responsibility but see no graphs. In order to see graphs you should enter data for the respective operating units. Let me illustrate for your benefit...

In that tab you will find Price Change by PO number.
    You need to enter a number of PO's for whatever OU you choose and enter price changes for that to reflect/show up in this tab.
    Similarly Match a number of PO's to Invoices and the relevant statistic will appear here.
    All this info is caputured for OU/Buyer/Currency/Periods/amounts as part the built in Business Intelligence.
    Basically it picks up info from the database and you can tweak it from the front end to give information as on a particular date, for a certain number of days, for certain suppliers/ for certain buyers etc.

Hope this clarifies your query.
    cheers
    Ramji

manikvengurlekar likes this.
  13. manikvengurlekar

hi ramji
    got the point actully u need to configure the supplier details fully than only you can view the graph with respect to him.

regards
    Manik

14. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

NO only the supplier. You also need to enter transactions for the supplier (PO's to Matching) for it to show up.
    cheers
    Ramji

15. manikvengurlekar

Dear Ramji
    Ok so can you please tell me how to enter the transactions for the supplier?

Regards
    Manik

16. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

Take an AP test script (TE40) from the forum. Enter Invoices as per the instructions. If you get stuck along the way, let me know.
    cheers
    Ramji