1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Installing Stellent or Oracle Universal Content Management

Discussion in 'Oracle Development General' started by Sadik, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I recently installed Oracle UCM on my windows XP Laptop and thought it would be worthwhile writing Instructions for others. So here goes...

Installing Stellent or Oracle Universal Content Management

See Introduction to Oracle Universal Content Management or Stellent

Pre-Installation Requirements

• Server satisfies Hardware rqeuirements (mostly at least 1 GB RAM and more than 2 GB free HD space.)
    • Have Oracle Database Installed and running on your server and you have sysdba access.
    • Have IIS or Apache or Tomcat running as webserver. UCM may work with other webservers too, but i am yet to come across other than these.

Download Oracle Universal Content Management

• Goto UCM download page at oracle OTN website. Accept the license agreement.
    • There are basically 6 all inclusive zip files to download from here which will include everything you may require (except some rare components). These are
    1. Oracle Content Server 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.3)
    2. Oracle Content Server Document Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.5)
    3. Oracle Universal Content Management Web Content Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.4)
    4. Oracle Universal Content Management Document Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.4)
    5. Oracle Universal Content Management Records Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.3)
    6. Oracle Universal Content Management Digital Asset Managment and Conversion 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.2)
    • Of these, if you are not planning to run a website, or for Digital asset management then you may just need to download the first two.

Installing Oracle Universal Content Management

Unzip Content Server 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.3) (The current version zip file is V13682-01.zip) to a temporary location, say D:\V13682-01
    First we will need to create a User Schema in the database for UCM to connect to. I am using cmd to connect with sqlplus as sysdba and create the tablepaces.

Note that my Oracle SID is HOME and Oracle is installed in D:\oracle. Replace the paths and SID with your own.
    Code (Text):

C:\>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Oct 28 12:39:26 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: system
    Enter password:

Connected to:
    Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL> connect sqlplus as sysdba
    Enter password:
    Connected.

create temporary tablespace idc_temp
    tempfile 'D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\HOME\idc_temp.dbf' size 100M;

create tablespace idc_system
    datafile 'D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\HOME\idc_system.dbf' size 300M;

create user ucm identified by ucm
    temporary tablespace idc_temp
    default tablespace idc_system
    quota unlimited on idc_system;

@D:\V13682-01\UCM\ContentServer\database\oracle\admin\stellentrole.sql

grant stellent_role to ucm;

connect ucm/ucm@orcl

@D:\V13682-01\UCM\ContentServer\database\oracle\admin\batchsnippet.sql

Now goto D:\V13682-01\UCM\ContentServer\win32 and double-click on Installer.exe. Note that UCM installer is a command line installer and there is no GUI.

Installation Steps

Note: The installer will keep asking you questions and you have to select from the options provided. In most case by just pressing Enter you can select the Default option.

When the installation is finished, check the D:\UCM\install\log.txt file for errors

Configuring Apache

If you were using Apache webserver, the httpd.conf needs to be configured

# Find your httpd.conf file of Apache server (Ex. C:\xampp\apache\conf) and enter the following lines at the end: (Note the paths need to be changed with your UCM installation path)
    Code (Text):

LoadModule IdcApacheAuth "D:\UCM\shared\os\win32\lib\IdcApache22Auth.dll"
    IdcUserDB idc "D:/UCM/data/users/userdb.txt"

Alias /idc "D:\UCM\weblayout/"

<Location /idc>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      DirectoryIndex portal.htm
      IdcSecurity idc
    </Location>

Ok we are DONE!!! just check if the oracle database services and IDC Content Admin Service idc_admin and IDC Content Service idc are running. Now type in your browser url:

http://user.company.com/idc or http://localhost/idc

BINGO! You should see the UCM Login Page!

Enter the default username and password

username : sysadmin
    password : idc

And you are ready to roll!

2. Sadik

I am also attaching a Content Server Quick Start guide (from oracle) which contains in brief steps to install components post Content Server install.

3. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Thanks for that information.

That was really helpful.

4. good job very useful.

5. Jason

Jason Guest

Sadik,

The article was very useful. Now there is a new adapter which extends to many other entities but works from 10.1.3.4 onwards. I tried to install the patches but did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

-Jason

6. Sadik

Hi Jason which adapter are you talking about? Could you give me a link or a reference.

7. vadroytman

vadroytman Active Member

May I ask you to briefly describe the installation of components 2 thru 6:
    1. Oracle Content Server 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.3)
    2. Oracle Content Server Document Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.5)
    3. Oracle Universal Content Management Web Content Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.4)
    4. Oracle Universal Content Management Document Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.4)
    5. Oracle Universal Content Management Records Management 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.3)
    6. Oracle Universal Content Management Digital Asset Managment and Conversion 10gR3 (10.1.3.3.2)
    It is my understanding that #1 installation is covered in this article. Thank you in advance.
    I'm new to UCM but I'm long term Oracle DBA that currently need to quickly learn about UCM.
    Regards,
    vr

8. vadroytman

vadroytman Active Member

There are a couple of things about the above mentioned installation steps that may be very useful to "newbies" like myself. Here it goes:

1. Warning "Check configuration ... The Oracle database is not using AL32UTF8 as its configured character encoding. .... set the install property InstallTablesWithoutUTF8Encoding=true
    So, here is what i had in my case in regard to this warning: my OracleXE database was created with all default setting including the charset which by default is WE8MSWIN1252.
    How to find out what your database has? From sqlplus run:
    Code (SQL):

SELECT *
      FROM nls_database_parameters;
    OR
    SELECT VALUE$
    FROM sys.props$
    WHERE name = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET';
    ####
    Now, this parameter should go into intradoc.cfg file I guess prior to the installation. In my case, I added it to intradoc.cfg file after the Content Server was already installed and tables created. Not sure what the repercussions of this misstep will be? If anyone knows, please share with me here or at ora10g@gmail.com.

2. Nest is about Apache settings in httpd.conf for LoadModule IdcApache22Auth.dll.
    When I was trying to restart my Apache, I was getting an error that module IdcApache22Auth.dll cannot be found. The file was there and my entries in the conf file were perfectly correct.

This problem is covered in Metalink note "Undefined Symbol" Error During Apache Startup [ID 445955.1] where it says that in case of Apache 2.0, the right module to load is IdcApache2Auth.dll not IdcApache22Auth.dll

3. When i tried the initial URL for the first time, I got a 3 line text memo that the portal page is currently broken and have to rebuilt it by executing the WebLayout Editor stand-alone app and going to Options->UpdatePortal and this was not the end of my troubles with installation. When I executed the Web Layout Editor, the pop-up window was raised telling me that connection to my database was terminated (or something along these lines) - very generic error message. However in the oracle alertlog file for the database i found this:

Process J000 died, see its trace file
    kkjcre1p: unable to spawn jobq slave process
    Sat Dec 05 19:40:21 2009
    Errors in file c:\oracle\oraclexe\app\oracle\admin\xe\bdump\xe_cjq0_5968.trc:
    I've investigated this error message and found that solution was to increase :

Code (SQL):
    SQL> ALTER system SET job_queue_processes=10 scope=memory;

System altered.

SQL> SHOW parameter job

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
    ------------------------------------ ----------- ---------------
    job_queue_processes                  INTEGER     10
    ================

When this change was made, I finally was able to get to the home page.
    I'm now working on other components installation, etc.
    Will see how it goes.
    vr

9. Sadik

Thanks VR for the useful add-on

10. isaac2004

isaac2004 Active Member

Sadik,

Can you please post or email me a walkthrough to setting up UCM for SQL Server 2005. Everytime I walk through the install, it says to please change settings at the end, and if I proceed, the install fails. I think the issue lies with the JDBC, which I am very confused on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

11. Prachi

Prachi Guest

Hey,

I am getting an error:
    cannot find ucm.sql in the drive where oracle is installed.

Please guide as to how can I resolve the same?

Details:

C:\Users\lenovo>sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Jul 23 16:05:36 2010

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: system
    Enter password:

Connected to:
    Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL>
    SQL> @F:\UCM Related\Content Server\UCM\ContentServer\database\oracle\admin\stellentrole.sql
    SP2-0310: unable to open file "F:\UCM.sql"
    SQL>

12. Sadik I'm able to see the login scree but however after that, i get HTTP 404 not found error when I try to click on the login button.

Regards,
    Tejal