1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Installing Oracle 10g on My Laptop ..

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by ah.yasar, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

Hi ,
    I want to install oracle 10g on my laptop .. ( because i wanted to experiment with different components and various other things and i cant do it on my company's main server )
    im not sure of what all thing are needed and i came to know that it is a professionals work ..
    as a newbie in all these things, i needed the procedure to install oracle ..
    And please also tell me the what all things im going to need ..

Thanks in advance ..

Regards ..
    yasar ..
  2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi Yasar,

To install Oracle on your Laptop, the first thing you need to do is create an account at the Oracle's Website.

Then you need to Download the Oracle software. You can download either 10g or 11g. Remember that it is more than 1.5 GB so you will need a very good connection and some good download manager. The download page is http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/index.html.

Also download the enterprise edition if you want to try out all features. After it is fully downloaded you can install like any other software, if your laptop is running XP or Vista.
    ah.yasar likes this.