1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Installing 10g oracle in windows 7

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by kimipatel, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi Friends,

I have Windows 7 32-bit. When i am trying to install Oracle 10g. It's giving me error.. I can not do any things further.
    The SID you have specified already exists on this machine. Please specify a different SID.. I already install one time and than uninstall. So when i am doing second time it's shown error.. How to delete this SID from Machine?

Thanks.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Try to remove it from registry editor. May be they remain there in that registry. If you once do that you can install it without that error.

Click on start --> type run and select it. and in that type regedit. and in that select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and expand it. In that select SOFTWARE and expand it and find any oracle exists or not. If you find any like that then remove it and try to install it.

3. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

yup. By doing as you told it done without error. Thanks.

Bharat likes this.
  4. Rad

Rad Guest

Hi,

I am also trying to install oracle 10g. First time I installed. When I tried installing it again it's showing the message as "The SID you have specified is already exists on this machine. Please specify a different SID". I followed the steps mentioned as deleting the oracle from registry editor. But still I am unable to install. Kindly help me out to resolve this. Your help will be much valid.

Thanks in advance

5. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Open your File Manager. Check directory Program Files...you'll most likely see an Oracle directory...if you do...whack it as well.

HTH

CJ

6. oliviathomas

oliviathomas Active Member

hi friends i want to know that Oracle 10g is free downloadable or paid