1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Installation of Developer Suite on Linux ???

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by oralover2006, Jun 19, 2009.

1. oralover2006

oralover2006 Active Member

hi all,

i want to install Oracle Developer Suite ( 6i or 10g R1,R2 ) on Linux...
    i don't know about which distribution of Linux i have to install and how i can successfully install Developer Suite on it, what are the requirements? can some one help to guide step-by-step for a successful installation?? ( i don't want to use Wine or any other Emulator type utility for the purpose )

thanks in adv :)

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Well in that case u have a steep learning curve in front of you. First you need to find out which linux distribution you have. Open a terminal and try one of the following commands. Any one of these should tell you about your distro.
    Code (Text):

$ cat /etc/*-release

$ cat /etc/*version

$ lsb_release -a

$ cat /proc/version

You would then need to download Oracle developer suite from this link.

The full installation guide is here

3. oralover2006

first, thanks for reply :)

i think i have clearly mentioned about Linux:

i tried downloading the PDF file from your given link, but don't know why can't get complete file ( its just 1.3kb in size ) and my Adode Reader says its corrupt file ??

4. sashraf

sashraf Active Member

The link given by Tyro works fine and that is excellent document which can be followed.

~Ashraf

5. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi, yes I know what you mentioned. I just gave u a few commands which you can try to find out which Linux Distribution you have, so that you can choose the correct Installation instructions. And the Installation Guide works fine. There might be a problem with your Acrobat Reader.

6. oralover2006

no fault of Acrobat but problem while downloading, its my side problem as i can't get into the server, will try further.
    i have not yet installed any distribution of Linux on my machine, and i think i have to install RHEL is it?

thanks very much for the replies.... :)

7. sabyasachi

sabyasachi Active Member

Use RHEL 4 .. then install Oracle Developer Suite 10.1.2....

Visit:- "allmyneed.blogsopt . com"

8. loganwolfer

loganwolfer Active Member

Hello, I was wondering if any of you still have the PDF link that Tyro brought up some time ago...

I need to install 10g Developer Suite on my Ubuntu distro (10.04 LTS btw), and I can't seem to open up the PDF link, seems to be broken (tested with Opera, Chrome and Firefox.)

If anyone still have that document, can anybody upload it somewhere please ?

I've been searching a lot these days for an install guide for Developer Suite 10g for Linux / Ubuntu, unfortunately every guide points out for the XE edition of the 10g, or the new 11g, which I can't use for my school projects.

It's mostly to get Forms and Reports Builder working properly, please advise.

Thanks in advance. :)

9. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi,

This link seems to be the same doc.

loganwolfer likes this.
  10. loganwolfer

loganwolfer Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that tonight !