1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Install Oracle10g on Solaris

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by jay_pink_elephant, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jay_pink_elephant

jay_pink_elephant Active Member

Hello to all,

I want to install oracle 10g from a remote Windows XP machine on a Solaris 9 machine. Is this possible to install oracle 10g on a solaris 9 machine remotely.
    The situation is that the Oracle 10g software is already stored on solaris machine but i cannot access the server physically so i need to install it from a remote machine.

Also i m able to access the solaris server using ssh and i have root privileges on it so that is not a problem. My only concern is that is there any specific actions to be performed when doing a remote installation like any precautions that need to be taken.

I will appreciate any help given.

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

You don't need to do anything special. If you plan to use GUI to install oracle you will need an emulator like Exceed and set your Display to your local windows machine.