1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Incompatability for Request Set

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by jagadekara, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi All,

I have one request set which has two concurrent programs. If I submit it one time, It is giving correct results.
    If I submit it multiple times with out completing that request set, Then it will affect data in my report. So I don't want it. I mean, If I submit that request set 3 times, the second request should run after completion of first request set and third request set should run after completion of second request set.

Normally, If this problem is for concurrent programs then we can use Incompatibilities feature. But I don't know how to do it for Request set. Is there any chance to solve this?

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jagadekara,

This is what Oracle documentation says:
    "...
    Request Sets - Incompatibilities Allowed

When you define a request set or request set stage that allows incompatabilities, you create a concurrent program that runs the reports in your request set or stage according to the instructions you entered. Using the Concurrent Programs window, when you list programs as incompatible with a request set, those programs are prevented from starting until all the reports in the set or stage have completed running.
    To define incompatibility rules for a request set and request set stage:

For a request set check the Allow Incompatibility check box on the Request Set window.
    For a request set stage check the Allow Incompatibility check box on the Stages window.
    Navigate to the Incompatible Programs block in the Concurrent Programs form and list those programs that your request set or stage is incompatible with.
    "

However, there is a post on oracleappshub.com "Incompatibility and Request Sets" written by Sanjit Anand which explains how this can be achieved. Please have a look as this might resolve your problem.

Kind Regards,
    Rajen.

jagadekara likes this.
  3. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Thanks Rajen,

Actually I have Request set: XX FA Schedule

It has Two Conc Programs:

1) Journal Entry Reserve Ledger Report
    2) XX Fixed Assets Schedule Report

We can see our request set name and programs in conc program define window with Request Set Prefix for our programs.

So In Concurrent program define window query for program: Request Set XX FA Schedule VI

Then click on In compatibilities give below programs as in compatibility for domain type.

1) Request Set XX FA Schedule
    2) Request Set Stage Journal Entry Reserve Ledger Report (10) - Request Set XX FA Schedule
    3) Request Set Stage XX Fixed Assets Schedule Report (20) - Request Set XX FA Schedule