1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Inbound refinery : Problem to have same administrator than content server

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by pperee, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pperee

pperee Active Member

Hi,

I've installed the Inbound Refinery.
    During the installation, I asked to have the Inbound Refinery as a proxied server in order to have the administrator of my Content Server as administrator of the Inbound Refinery.
    Both applications are on the same physical server.

On the Content Server, an outgoing provider was created to link with the Inbound Refinery.
    On the Inbound refinery, an outgoing provider was created to link with the Content Server.

If I click on the "Test" link of the provider, it seems to work.

But, if I try to connect to the Inbound Refinery with the "sysadmin" of my Content Server, it doesn't work.
    I noticed also that the role "refineryadmin" was not created in the Content Server database.
    I didn't know if it was important. So I created it manually but it does not work.

In the IP filter of the Inbound Refinery, I added the local host + the IP address of the server (do not know if it is necessary).

I followed the procedures to allow manually that the content server manages the refinery authentication, but it does not work.

Anybody has an idea of what could be the problem ?

Any help is welcome

Regards

Pierre

2. ericb

ericb Active Member

When you use a proxied inbound refinery, you should be able to login as sysadmin.

You do no have to create the refinery administrator in the database. The installation will create the default user "refadmin" for the refinery (default pw is "idc"); but you should be able to logon as user refadmin or sysadmin.

The ip-filter must be set in the inbound refinery. Set it in the config.cfg in the "inbound-directory\config". Make sure your client's ip-adres is in this config-file to be able to open the inbound refinery with a webbrowser from your client.

Are the services started for the ucm and the ibr? Can you get to the administration page of UCM? There you should see the ibr-instance too.

If if it not working, please let me know so I can help you with this.

Eric

3. pperee

pperee Active Member

Hi,

The services are correctly launched.
    I can connect to the Content Server using the sysadmin user.
    I can also connect to the Inbound Refinery but only by using the refadmin user.
    The Content Server and the Inbound Refinery are installed on the same server. So, I put "127.0.0.1" and the IP address of the server on both sides (Content Server and Inbound Refinery).

I defined only one Admin Server for both applications. And it works correctly.

But I'm not able to login with the sysadmin user on the Inbound Refinery.

Pierre

4. ericb

ericb Active Member

Pierre,

Why do you want to connect as sysadmin when refadmin is working? If you want to logon as sysadmin on the inbound refinery, then you should use the "use other server as master" option during installation. I think you only choosed to use the ucm-server as admin-server for the ibr-server and not use the ucm as master of the IBR.

So what you can do is try to update the installation of IBR, but I do not think that is enough. I think you should reinstall the inbound refinery and then choose to:
    1. use the ucm server as a master.
    2. use the ucm server as an admin server for the ibr.

That will give you one admin-server and one user (sysadmin) for both instances.

I hope this helps you.

Eric

5. pperee

pperee Active Member

Eric,

I checked in the installation command lines that I used (I stored them) and I did exactly what you explained. It is why I don't understand it is not working.

Concerning the login as sysadmin, the idea is not really to connect as sysadmin but to connect as another user that has the possibility to administrate the IBR.
    But, it does not work for the sysadmin (and it does not work for other users too).

Pierre

6. ericb

ericb Active Member

Pierre,

If this is your problem, then I am probably not able to help you further.

I know sysadmin and refadmin are buildin users of oracle and like the sys, system and sysman database users of Oracle, you can not use other users then sysadmin or refadmin for UCM and IBR.

You might create a Oracle SR but I think they say that you'll have to do with these buildin users. Allthough it is strange that you can not use sysadmin to administrate the IBR instance.

Have you tried asking this question to Bex Huff, the UCM (or rather Stellent) guru? See his page www.bexhuff.com. Maybe he can help you.

I am sorry I can not help you to solve this problem.

Regards,

Eric