1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

In UCM 11g, in contribution folders, how can I change the view ?

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by mehrva, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mehrva

mehrva Active Member

We use often the contribution folders to insert or to view documents and unfortunately we can not change the view of the list of documents.
    Can I do that with a custom component ?
    Or any other solution ?

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

What do you mean by "change the view"?

3. mehrva

mehrva Active Member

Under "contribution folder", when you see the list of documents in a folder, in the right window, you have, the name of document (filename), file size, release date and the author.
    I would like to create my customize view (like in a search result) and choose what fields I want to see. For example I prefere to have the tilte of the document instead of filename.

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

That's what I thought you might mean. I'm not sure how to do this, but I've asked someone who would know if it's possible.

Are you using Windows? If so, have you considered using the Windows Explorer Integration software to work with your documents in folders?

5. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I asked around, and it seems like the answer is that you can do it with a custom component. I'm just not sure at this time what you need to put in the component. It might require java code, or it might just require some idocscript. How much do you know about writing components?

6. mehrva

mehrva Active Member

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes, I'm on windows and I hava already Desktop Integration Suite. But the result is the same I have filenames.
    The problem is when a document is a scanned, the filename is something like "0000000Y_1.TIF" and that's why I would prefere to have the TITLE.
    About custom components, I have not yet done one myself but I have to start ;o)
    So any help is welcomed...

7. mehrva

mehrva Active Member

I have just seen now that in the windows explorer, I can choose the columns to be displayed, so I can have title instead of filename. GREAT !!
    But still if you have a solution with a custom component, I'm interested.

8. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

That's why I asked if you had DIS. WEI allows you to select the columns.

I'm not an expert at this kind of component, so it will take some work to figure out how to modify the page. I think it will involve adding to a list of metadata fields that are supposed to be displayed. It may actually be very easy to do, but you'll need to figure out the service that is called to display the page and then look at the definition of the service.