1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

I want to self study oracle dba ? please help me.

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by Tony Bossman, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Tony Bossman

Tony Bossman Starter

I would like to self study the Oracle DBA as a fresh learner where do I start.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Not in the U.S. market, where certification is only sought after by the HR department because it's part of a keyword search. Certification IS a way to get exposure to areas of Oracle that may not be used by your current employer and gaining knowledge is a good thing.

I would not expect certification to immediately get you a job or immediately make you imminently qualified as an expert; it won't. I have known several 'certified' DBAs who cheated on the exams by using 'braindumps', not learning anything but the rote answers to quesitons. They had no clue in the workplace of what to do in situations that were not exactly like the scenarios in the braindumps.

As long as you don't cheat you can get benefit from certification; don't expect it to be a golden key to the job market.

3. Avishek Priyadarshi

Avishek Priyadarshi Newly Initiated