1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

I want to self study oracle DBA ? Please help me.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sripathi, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Sripathi

Sripathi Guest

Hi,
    Right now i am working as a pl/sql developer, now i want migrate to dba. please help me how to learn dba without joining in any institution.
    i am displaying my mail-id "sripathiodb@gmail.com" .

2. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

There's all kinds of information online. Read. Visit Tim Hall's site: www.oracle-base.com
    Read the materials there. Go through the examples. Install Oracle Linux and the Oracle database. Practice creating tables and other object. Back the database up and restore it. It's all part of being a DBA.

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

It may be old news but read the online documentation, starting with the Concepts Guide. Read blogs, there are a number of good ones available -- Tim Hall, Coskan Gundigar, Tom Kyte, Maria Colgan to name a few. Play with Oracle, it's free for you to use so take advantage of that. Matthew has given good advice as well. You can't learn without doing so do. Come back here if you have questions; we're willing to help those who help themselves.

4. Randy Johnson

Randy Johnson Premium Member

5. raovk13

raovk13 Premium Member

If I were you..I too being developer..would start with basics before digging deeper. Forum's and free material provides excess info and confuses if one isn't sure what he/she looking for.
    Good luck!

Rao

Attached Files:

6. raovk13

raovk13 Premium Member

Some more material from my collection..most of it from this awesome club oracle site.

Regards,
    Rao

Attached Files:

7. raovk13

raovk13 Premium Member

Some more material from my collection..most of it from this awesome club oracle site.

Regards,
    Rao

Attached Files: