1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

I forgotten my system password in SQL, then how to recover that password

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by jhankhna, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jhankhna

jhankhna Guest

I forgotten my system password in SQL, then how to recover that password

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Normally you don't, you connect to the database from the database server as '/ as sysdba' (or connect as 'sys as sysdba" from a remote server) and reset it usng

alter user system identified by <new password>;

If you're using PasswordSafe or some similar password tool you have it 'locked away' and can retrieve it at any time. If not then the method I just gave you should be used.

3. kimipatel

kimipatel Active Member

Hi,

Are you forget SYSTEM user password of database? It is just login as "sys as sysdba" and change password of system using command "alter user system identified by <new password>;" If you forget SYS password then you should need to login as Oracle software owner in your operating system, start sqlplus with nolog option (sqlplus /nolog), and connect "/as sysdba" and change password of system using same above commands.

Thanks.