1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Hrms- uploading photo

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by vamsioracle, Mar 25, 2009.

1. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

Hi all

Is there any format and size constraints for uploading a photo in Oracle HRMS.

vamsi

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

The maximum size of the image that can be uploaded in both Core HR and SSHR is upto 4 MB. There was a Bug 5382944 due to which SSHR Employee directory could not images larger than 6KB.

If You are facing that particular Bug you need to apply the patch <5868418>.

3. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

thanks a lot

How about the file extensions that i can use to upload.
    Is it only bmp and jepg

4. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

The default image file format is TIFF so loading images using this format will give you the best performance according to oracle. But all the following file formats are all supported.

BMP, CALS, GIF, JFIF, JPEG, PICT, RAS, TIFF, TPIC

Besides I just noticed that we have the Patch 538294 applied so our maximum image size supported is 4 MB. If you don't have that patch applied, the largest image file supported by the image upload is 1Mb.

If you apply this patch then the maximum image size that can be uploaded will be 4 MB.

5. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

I was able to upload a photo (48k and jpg format) in test instance, but it is not accepting in production instance

vamsi

6. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

hmmm what error are you getting?

7. vamsioracle

vamsioracle Forum Expert

There is no error. After giving the path of the file, it's neither uploading nor throwing an error. It's blank as usual. But the same photo, i am able to upload in Test instance

8. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

hmmm is there any patchlevel difference between your Test and PROD systems? because if it's the same photo it shouldn't behave differently. And what format is the photo in? JPEG? there is a known issue with "Progessive JPEG" formats. Can u upload any other format in your PROD instance?