1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

hr locations - multiple locations with same physical address (added by Purchasing)

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by rgthomas0307, Mar 31, 2012.

1. rgthomas0307

rgthomas0307 Active Member

Hello. I've been told that hr controls the locations and there should be 1 location for each physical office. Purchasing already started on the implementation project and has created several locations. Some buildings have 10 locations - same address but different receiver and/or department. For example:

Locations - Purchasing Entered
    John Butler - 123 Tiger Lane Oakland, CA
    IT Support - 123 Tiger Lane Oakland, CA
    ESS - 123 Tiger Lane Oakland, CA
    etc

Location - HR
    123 Tiger Lane Oakland, CA

So we have a many to 1 relationship.

Now that we are putting in HR, purchasing has said we can't touch the addresses/locations they are about to implement. Instead, they asked hr to prefix all hr locations with hr_.

I'm concerned about this and don't want locations accidentally being selected during employee transactions. I don't think Purchasing is doing this correctly but I need some facts on why they have to change this. I initially said whatever is being ordered should have some business rules to route this to John Butler or ESS Support.

Could this impact another down-stream or year-end process? Is it okay to let Purchasing create these "locations"??