1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to use Batch Loader in Oracle UCM !!

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by ah.yasar, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

hi all .. :)

i am new to ucm and have been learning many things from club-oracle ..
    first of all i want to thank all you guys for helping me out ..:D

we are checking in many images for the projects we have ..
    so each project has got some 100 images or so ..
    i found out that with batch loader we can do this thing very easily ( unlike checking in each and every file manually )

i searched for the procedure for using batch loader and could find some topics like these . ( http://www.club-oracle.com/forums/batch-loader-in-ucm-t411/ ) .

i came to know where the batch loader is situated and some other things ,

But im unable to find the procedure to upload multiple files .. i also checked it over here .. ( http://download-west.oracle.com/doc...ing_started/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm )

Can you please give the procedure involved to checkin multiple images into the UCM ..

thanks in advance ..

regards..
    A.H.Yasar

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: How to use Batch Loader !!

hi Yasar, (nice avatar btw...)

There are two ways to check-in multiple files. One is by using the Desktop INtegration component whereby you can simply drag and drop files and the second method that gives more control is by using the batch loader.

To use the Batch Loader you need to access it from your start menu on server-->Content server--><stellent instance name>-->utilities-->batch loader.

Once the Batch loader is started and you have given in your username/password, you will need something called a command file. Basically, in a single text file you have to enter the details of your files and the metadata and then ask the Batch loader to load the file. Consider the Batch code below.

Code (Text):

Action = insert
    dDocName =TEST_001466
    dDocType = Finance
    dDocTitle = Balance Sheet Print Out
    dDocAuthor = sysadmin
    dSecurityGroup = Fin
    dDocAccount = Fin/PRJ/
    primaryFile = balance_sheet_March_2009.xls
    xCode = Fin12778
    xComments =
    dInDate = 05/22/2009 04:05 PM
    <<EOD>>

This Batch code when put in a text file and the file is loaded in the batch loader, it will upload a single xls file balance_sheet_March_2009.xls from the same folder as where the command text file is located. So if you have 100 files similar batch code will have to prepared for all the 100 files. I usually do it programatically or through a pl/sql procedure which spools the output in the format desired.

ah.yasar likes this.
  3. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Re: How to use Batch Loader !!

Hi

I would like to know if the batchloder feature can be used to load multiple files into different locations (in different folders) in the UCM. If so what other parameter do we need to add?

Thanks in advance for the inputs.