1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to upgrade the schema on both the sites using sql scripts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nav0132, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Nav0132

Nav0132 Guest

Hi Experts,

I need some help.

I have two sites SITE A and SITEB, on both the sites GG is installed and running (DML Bi- directional replication). I have schema SCHEMA1 on both the sites which are configured for replication and replication is working from last one year.

Now I wanted to upgrade the SCHEMA1 on both the sites. There are three .sql script which has many SQL commands like create table, create sequence, create procedure, insert record etc. I wanted to run that SQL file one both the sites.

So should I stop all the process on both the sites SITEA and SITE B (including manager process) ,execute the SQL scripts on both the sites and then start the process again ? Will it work?
    Is there any other best way to do this?

Could you please suggest the steps so that I can successfully execute theses scripts on both the site to upgrade the schema1.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I don't usually work with systems employing bi-directional replication; normally one would update the primary site and have the changes cascade through to the replication site. In this case I think I would shut down the replication on both sides, run the scripts on both servers to update the schema (ensuring that all changes successfully executed)0 then restart the bi-directional replication.