1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to stop administrators from terminating an employee who is a supervisor

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by chester04, Feb 9, 2011.

1. chester04

chester04 Active Member

Hi,

Need help here how to stop administrators from terminating an employee who is supervisor?

I want to stop HR Administrator from terminating a Supervisor who has direct reports from the 'End Employment' form. The current setup does not stop the administrator from terminating an employee who is a supervisor. all it does is throw warning message saying that the employee has a direct reports but it wouldn't stop them from terminating the employee.

Is there a way to stop administrators from terminating employees who are supervisors(maybe an error message instead of warning message to stop them)?

Looking forward for your help....

TIA ^_^

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Not a standard functionality as far as I know. You could do a personalization though, would be quite easy.

3. chester04

chester04 Active Member

can you give me an idea on how to do that?

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hmmm, can't really say specifically... All you need to do is find under what condition you want to throw the error message and go to forms personalization and throw the error. That said, you should first take a look at the business process. Why would an administrator want to terminate a supervisor? And if so, why do you want to stop someone who is an admin from taking an action.

5. Amy

Amy Active Member

Well, the best practice is to make a note of the Warning Message while terminating a Supervisor.
    So that you can go back and change his reportees to the new Supervisor assigned.

Sadik likes this.
  6. zangafa

zangafa Active Member

Dear Sir

Ask From your technical team to write custom code on Employee termination Userhook to stop terminate employee there is employee report to him :) It very simple and its follow the stander apps solutions if you need more help let me know